Replace the ink cartridges
You can check the estimated ink levels from the Toolbox (Windows), the HP Solution
Center, the HP Printer Utility (Mac OS X), or the embedded Web server. For
information about using these tools, see
Use device management tools
. You can also
print the self-test diagnostic page to view this information (see
Understand the self-test
NOTE: To find out which ink cartridges work with your device, see
Ink level warnings and indicators provide estimates for planning purposes only.
When you receive a low-ink warning message, consider having a replacement
cartridge available to avoid possible printing delays. You do not need to replace
cartridges until prompted to do so.
After removing a cartridge from its package, install it right away. Do not remove a
cartridge from the device for long periods of time.
For information on recycling used ink supplies, see
HP inkjet supplies recycling
Maintain and troubleshoot
To replace the ink cartridges
1. Gently pull open the ink cartridge cover.
2. Remove the ink cartridge that requires replacement by grasping it and pulling it
firmly toward you.
3. Remove the new ink cartridge from its package.
4. Align the cartridge with its color-coded slot and insert the cartridge into the slot.
Press down firmly on the cartridge to ensure proper contact.
5. Close the ink cartridge cover.