Change the answer ring pattern for distinctive ring
Many phone companies offer a distinctive ring feature that allows you to have several
phone numbers on one phone line. When you subscribe to this service, each number
is assigned a different ring pattern. You can set up the device to answer incoming calls
that have a specific ring pattern.
NOTE: Check with your local service provider for the above service before using
If you connect the device to a line with distinctive ring, have your telephone company
assign one ring pattern to voice calls and another ring pattern to fax calls. HP
recommends that you request double or triple rings for a fax number. When the device
detects the specified ring pattern, it answers the call and receives the fax.
If you do not have a distinctive ring service, use the default ring pattern, which is All
NOTE: The HP fax cannot receive faxes when the main phone number is off the
To change the answer ring pattern for distinctive ring via the device control panel
1. Verify that the device is set to answer fax calls automatically.
2. Press Setup.
3. Select Advance Fax Setup, and then select Distinctive Ring.
4. Press the right arrow button to select an option, and then press OK.
When the phone rings with the ring pattern assigned to your fax line, the device
answers the call and receives the fax.
To change the answer ring pattern for distinctive ring via the embedded Web
1. Click the Settings tab, click Advanced Fax Setup in the left pane.
2. Select a ring pattern in the Distinctive Ring drop-down menu, and then click the