To set up wireless communication using the installer (Windows)
NOTE: For this method, you will need to have a wireless network set up and
running. You will also need a USB cable. Do not attach the USB cable until
prompted by the installer.
Set up the device for wireless communication (some models only)
1. Save any open documents. Close any applications that are running on your
2. Insert the Starter CD into the CD drive. The CD menu runs automatically. If the CD
menu does not start automatically, double-click the setup icon on the Starter CD.
3. On the CD menu, click Install Network/Wireless Device, and then follow the
NOTE: If the firewall software on your computer displays any messages
during the installation, select the Always permit/Allow option in the
messages. Selecting this option allows the software to install successfully on
4. When prompted, temporarily connect the USB wireless setup cable.
5. Follow the onscreen instructions to complete the installation.
6. Disconnect the USB wireless setup cable when prompted.