Change the connection method
If you have installed the software and connected your HP device using a USB or
Ethernet cable, you can change to a wireless connection any time you want.
Change from a USB connection to a wireless connection (Windows)
1. Select Start, Programs, HP, select your device, and then select Change
2. Press Add a Device.
3. Follow the onscreen instructions and remove the USB cable when prompted.
Change from a USB connection to a wireless connection (Mac OS X)
1. Click the HP Device Manager icon on the Dock or in the Hewlett Packard folder in
the Applications folder.
2. From the Information and Settings list, select Network Printer Setup Utility.
3. Follow the onscreen instructions to configure the network settings.
Change from an Ethernet connection to a wireless connection
NOTE: For Ethernet-enabled HP devices only.
1. Open the embedded Web server (EWS). For more information, see
Embedded Web server
2. Click the Networking tab, and then click Wireless (802.11) in the left pane.
3. On the Wireless Setup tab, press Start Wizard.
Configure and manage
4. Follow the onscreen instructions to change from an Ethernet connection to a
5. After you finish changing the settings, disconnect the Ethernet cable.